Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is the 'Old Boy Network' at all fair, especially where religious cliques are concerned?

How many people who are a member of a small religious group do you know who are unemployed? I know a few people in such groups, and all of them have had good jobs straight out of university. This seems just a little too convenient, am I being paranoid? I know it's not a part of the application process, but people who know people will help each other, especially, it would seem, in church groups. I know other people who are not in church groups who have all had to fight and struggle their way through university, unemployment, training for work schemes, etc to get where they are today. Is this just coincidence?



I know this sort of thing goes on outside of church groups too, and I don't think that's at all fair either.